Future FIDI Charity
What will the next FIDI Charity project be? Submit a project proposal to FIDI as of 2018!
Read the guidelines here and access the project proposal form here.
1. About the beneficiary organisation:
The organisation who would receive funding from FIDI must be a charity which is registered or recognised by a public body in the country it is located.
2. Eligibility of the project
The FIDI Charity supports projects and causes whose key focus is to deliver clear benefits to people – adults or children – who are disadvantaged by poverty or disability or who are marginalised in some other way.
The following are examples of focus areas and qualities of eligible projects:
- Supporting the needs of low-income people;
- Enhancing the quality of life of people (particularly people / children with life-limiting medical conditions of for whom the experience of childhood has been disrupted by hard circumstances);
- Implementing solutions to issues of hunger and nutrition for underserved communities;
- Empowering people to overcome adverse circumstances and/or providing equal access to human rights;
- Addressing the needs around housing issues;
- Having a strong environmental theme, as long as the main outcome is delivering benefits to people.
Particular attention will be paid to projects which create opportunities for long-term impact.
3. Transparency and accountability
The project has to be highly transparent:
- At least 60% of the funds are utilised for aid and programming vs. administration, salaries and fundraising;
- The charity is willing to share its financial records and can evidence prudent financial management;
- The charity must have an independent Board of Directors;
- The project must be reported on periodically (every 2 months for example)
4. The FIDI Charity generally does not fund:
- Organisations or programmes that discriminate on any basis
- Organisations or programmes that are funded by government
- Efforts to promote specific political and/or religious beliefs
- Major research projects
- Any litigation that is underway, contemplated, or completed
- Direct grants to individuals
- International travel or individual travel/study grants
- Projects which expose humans or animals to potential harm or danger
5. Selection process of the FIDI Charity:
The FIDI Charity focus has a 3-year scope (recommended by the FIDI Charity Committee)
FIDI Affiliates and FIDI Associations can submit charity proposals according to the project eligibility guidelines. They are invited to fill in the FIDI Charity form, detailing the beneficiary organisation, the project, the added value FIDI’s fundraising would bring to the project.