What is a global mobility specialist?
You are at the centre of the relocation experience
What does a global mobility specialist do?
Your role as a global mobility specialist is crucial for the success of an international relocation, and covers a wide scope of responsibilities:
- as part of the HR department, you may be involved in the selection process of the perfect candidate to send on a particular assignment;
- you identify and assess the needs of the assignee: are they moving alone, or with a partner and family? Do they have international experience? What services will they require before, during and after the move: house and school search, visa and immigration assistance, partner support?
- you identify the best suppliers to work with for the different relocation services and coordinate each step of the international move with all the stakeholders involved;
- you are in constant communication with the assignee and their company during the entire relocation process, offering support, advice, and solutions whenever necessary;
- you demonstrate due diligence towards the assignee's company and ensure that the assignment complies with local and international regulations as well as the company's own processes.
If you would like to gain more insights on the steps and specificities of the international moving and relocation processes, please get in touch with our FIDI Academy team.
Interested in learning more about global mobility?
We regularly publish articles on our blog about global mobility for HR managers and specialists.