We encourage potential applicants to first check that you qualify for affiliation, to review the application procedure and costs, and then complete the FIDI application form. Applicant pricing information and other useful documents are available to download at the bottom of this page.
New FAIM Standard will affect applications received after 1 May 2022
A new edition of the FAIM Quality Standard will be introduced during the calendar year 2022. If all goes as planned, the new FAIM 2022 Quality Standard will become the Standard for all FAIM audits starting from 1 January 2023. If your company is currently in the FAIM Application process or you are planning to join FIDI, please note that this might have an impact on your application process. Click here for more information
Do you qualify for FIDI membership?
To join FIDI Global Alliance you must fulfill the following mandatory requirements:
- operate in inter-continental moving services and have been doing so continuously for at least the previous 2 years prior to application
- perform a minimum of 10 inter-continental moves per year (*)(**)
(*) acting as the Booker and/or Origin Agent and/or Destination Agent.
(**) inter-continental removals means border crossing removals by air freight or sea freight from one customs area to another.
- have appropriate and adequate insurance cover* in place, as evidenced by the Insurance Declaration signed by your company’s insurance company or insurance broker declaring that these FIDI-FAIM insurance requirements have been met
- sign the FIDI Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Charter (FIDI ABC Charter) and the FIDI Anti-Trust Charter (FIDI ATC Charter)
- be financially healthy (your financial health will be checked by an independent auditor during the application phase)
The Application procedure
If you fulfill the above minimum requirements, the application procedure to become a FIDI Affiliate is as follows:
- Purchase the FAIM documentation (1000 EUR) to prepare for your FAIM certification
- Once you have assessed if you meet the FAIM requirements, submit the Pre-Audit self-assessment and supporting documents as required to the FAIM Coordination Centre (FCC)
- Provided you meet the pre-requisites, you will then enter into a 28-day objection phase where existing FIDI Affiliates can lodge an objection about your potential FIDI Affiliation (this can only relate to knowledge that you do not comply with FAIM or the FIDI Statutes)
- If the objection period is successfully passed, the FAIM auditor will be scheduled to visit your premises
- Upon passing the FAIM Compliance Procedure successfully, you will be required to pay the FIDI entrance and membership fees
- We will publish you as a FIDI Affiliate and you will have full access to all FIDI Services.
- Within 12 months of Affiliation, one employee from your company must attend the FIDI Academy 5-day EIM Seminar ( Essentials in International Moving).
In addition to the affiliation of principal offices, you can also apply for membership of branches at a discounted rate, once your principal office is affiliated to the FIDI Global Alliance.
FIDI defines a branch as a non-headquarter office located in the same sovereign country as the affiliated office.