Drawing on our wide network of experts, we are hosting a series of online panel conversations with key stakeholders of our industry. Join them as they discuss different aspects of the COVID-19 crisis with a focus on our industry, and how international movers and relocation companies should prepare for the future.
- Panel session 1: "Strategies for survival: How the international moving industry is responding to COVID-19" (Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 12h00 noon GMT)
- Panel session 2: "COVID-19: Managing risk and financials in a post-pandemic world" (Tuesday, 09 June 2020 at 13h00 GMT)
Panel session 1
"Strategies for survival: How the international moving industry is responding to COVID-19"
Wednesday, 27 May 2020 at 12h00 noon GMT
- Rob Chipman, CEO - Asian Tigers Mobility - Hong Kong & FIDI Board Member
- Dale Collins, Chief Strategy Officer - Graebel Companies, Inc.
- Joleen Lauffer, Executive Vice President - Aires
- Alain Taïeb, Chairman of the Supervisory Group - MOBILITAS Group
Join FIDI Focus editor Dominic Weaver as he leads this opening conversation on the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on the international moving and relocation business, with key representatives of our industry. Some questions that will be addressed are: how has the COVID-19 crisis impacted our industry in general? What are the possible short- and long-term consequences on the moving business? What strategies should movers put in place to overcome the crisis now and in the long run?
Panel session 2
"Think Like a Big Ship - Move Like a Speedboat: Practical Steps for a Healthy Future"
Tuesday, 09 June 2020 at 13h00 GMT
- Thijs Deweerdt, Senior Manager - EY Consulting
- Mark Oakeshott, Mark Oakeshott Consulting
- Jesse van Sas, Secretary General - FIDI Global Alliance
In part two of FIDI’s webinar series on navigating the challenges of COVID-19, we focus on best practices for moving companies as we prepare for working in the post-pandemic environment. The conversation will focus on the disciplines of market leaders in areas such as finance, staff and supply chain, and how those measures can be translated in a smaller company environment to recover from the crisis and transform your business for the better.
Panel session 3
Embracing the change: how young movers will help shape moving for the better
Wednesday, 24 June 2020 at 14h00 GMT
- Morgana Somers, Director of Global Development at the Paxton Companies & FIDI 39 Club President
- Jacqueline Stouffer, Director, International Services at JK Moving Services & FIDI 39 Club Board member
- Daniel Drenger, Client Services Director at Ocean Group
- Luis Holst Echeverria, Mobility Manager at Grupo Mudanzas Mundiales - GMM & LACMAnext President
- Dominic Weaver, editor - FIDI Focus magazine
In the third in FIDI’s webinar series about the impact of COVID-19 on the international moving and relocation industry, we speak to three movers about how the younger generation’s agility, social skills and connectivity are essential to creating successful businesses in the future - and the positive actions companies can take to bring these to the fore.
Please share your questions with us leading up to the conversation by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us your questions and thoughts before the panel sessions to get the conversation going!