FIDI has recently published its 2020/21 State of the Industry report – an insightful appraisal of the health of the relocation industry.
Drawing on inputs from a wide range of industry practitioners and observers, it digs deep into the issues that have affected global mobility over the last 12 months. In these fast-changing and unpredictable times, we all have many questions – we hope the report will go some way to answer the following:
Skip to main content Toolbar items Manage Administration menu Tools Content Structure Appearance Extend Configuration People Reports Help Vertical orientation Search admin Edit Blog item Highlights from the FIDI 2020/21 State of the Industry report Primary tabs View Edit(active tab) Delete Clone Breadcrumb Home Highlights from the FIDI 2020/21 State of the Industry report Edit Title Highlights from the FIDI 2020/21 State of the Industry report Domain Access FIDI FIDINET Select the affiliate domain(s) for this content Teaser Teaser text The FIDI 2020/21 State Of The Industry Report is an insightful appraisal of the relocation industry in a post-pandemic world. Visible author FIDI (24) Select a user with the role(s) Blog member, Webmaster or Webmaster full. Categories Cross-cultural awareness HR selection & training Finance Repatriation Destinations Moving tips Well-being Expat Productivity Legal & compliance Programme ROI Image Alternative text Highlights from the FIDI 2020/21 State of the Industry report Short description of the image used by screen readers and displayed when the image is not loaded. This is important for accessibility. covid round-up - header.jpg (3.26 MB) The file "public://2021-03/covid round-up - header.jpg" is not valid on element field_image[image_crop]. Show row weights Paragraphs Text - one column List additional actions Title Text About text formats Text format Basic HTML Show row weights Links URL Start typing the title of a piece of content to select it. You can also enter an internal path such as /node/add or an external URL such as http://example.com. Enter to link to the front page. Enter to display link text only. Link text Files Add a new file No file chosen Unlimited number of files can be uploaded to this field. 15 MB limit. Allowed types: jpg png gif pdf doc docx xls xlsx ppt pptx zip rar ics eps ai psd. Text - one column List additional actions Title INDUSTRY LANDSCAPE Text
- The distinction between ‘movers’ and RMCs (relocation management companies) is blurring, while the industry landscape is being transformed by high-profile mergers, such as that between BGRS and Relo Group. The eventual awarding of the USTRANSCOM contract (again delayed to after the summer of 2021) will also create winners and losers, but how will this affect the shape of the industry in years to come?
About text formats Text format Basic HTML Show row weights Links URL Start typing the title of a piece of content to select it. You can also enter an internal path such as /node/add or an external URL such as http://example.com. Enter to link to the front page. Enter to display link text only. Link text Files Add a new file No file chosen Unlimited number of files can be uploaded to this field. 15 MB limit. Allowed types: jpg png gif pdf doc docx xls xlsx ppt pptx zip rar ics eps ai psd. Text - one column List additional actions CUSTOMER ATTITUDES Text - one column List additional actions COST & COMPLEXITY Text - one column List additional actions ADVANCING TECHNOLOGY Text - one column List additional actions PROVING QUALITY Text - one column List additional actions STAYING COMPETITIVE Text - one column List additional actions Get answers to the relocation industry’s big questions now Paragraph type CTA blockDocument - link blockDownloadsImage - contentImage - heroLink blocksTableText - image leftText - image rightText - one columnText - two columnTwo imagesVideo to Paragraphs Published Last saved 04/27/2021 - 15:52 Author firstname.lastname@example.org Create new revision Meta tags Permissions by Term URL redirects Simple XML Sitemap URL alias Generate automatic URL alias Uncheck this to create a custom alias below. Configure URL alias patterns. URL alias /blog/highlights-fidi-2020/21-state-industry-report Specify an alternative path by which this data can be accessed. For example, type "/about" when writing an about page. Domain-specific paths Override the default URL alias (above) for individual domains. https://duo-dev-fidi-corporate-jm.duo-ops.net https://duo-dev-fidi-intranet-jm.duo-ops.net Authoring information Promotion options Published Delete Tray "Administration menu" opened.
- Will the large global corporates – our key end customers – pick up where they left off after the pandemic? Or are they turning to more local recruitment? Alternative assignment models? How are customers reacting?
COST & COMPLEXITY
- The business of relocation management has also become more complex and therefore costly: not only are stringent new regulations in place, but business levels are unpredictable. How can we preserve healthy operating margins?
- We have seen the rise of virtual working – but we are now also very aware of its limitations. Technology is also helping us improve service, add value and enhance competitiveness? How will technology help us survive and thrive?
- While margins are low, clients are more conscious than ever of their duty of care towards assignees, prompting a shift from price-first to quality-first. So how do we prove quality? How is the FAIM certification evolving to reassure our customers?
- The demanding conditions require industry players to be efficient, agile and innovative. As our industry changes, how do we evolve? In a landscape increasingly inhabited by consolidated giants, where are the most profitable niches for smaller players to thrive?
Get answers to the relocation industry’s big questions now
See the patterns in the data, read the opinions of the experts, and get a new and insightful perspective on the industry. We are dealing with some of the most challenging times we have ever faced – find out what it means to your industry.